NUDE FOOD DAY.
In Room 4 we have been talking about NUDE FOOD DAY and discussing why this is so important.
We had a look on the internet at the plastic Island and it made us very sad to see how our actions are having such a negative impact on the environment.
We are going to try really hard to be kind to our environment and think carefully about how we dispose of our rubbish.
Here are some facts that we have found out:
• 60% of rubbish that ends up in the bin could actually be recycled.
• In many cases, a litre of bottled water is more expensive than a litre of petrol.
• Bottled water produces up to 1.5 million tons of plastic waste per year.
• Recycling one aluminium can saves enough energy to run a TV for three hours.
• If all our newspaper was recycled, we could save about 250,000,000 trees each year.
NUDE FOOD DAY is on 17th October 2012.
Next Wednesday 19th September Room 4 is going to have a practise run. We will be sharing our lunchboxes and seeing who has the best "NUDE" lunch!!
We will take photos so have a look to see who our winner is!!